This Jean Greenhowe Christmas Treasures 40 page special instructs you how to knit a range of Christmas themed characters, complete with colourful illustrations throughout.
Each character can be made using double knitting wool and good quality, washable stuffing. The characters should be knitted up using 3mm (UK 11 - US 2) or 4mm (UK 8 - USA 6) knitting needles unless otherwise stated.
The characters and items this knitting book instructs you how to knit are as follows:
- Carol Singers - a boy and girl dressed in Victorian-style costume.
- Eliza - a knitted version of a Victorian penny wooden.
- Jack Frost.
- Mr Twizzle - with a knitted stocking and sack.
- Hush-a-Bye-Baby - knit with eyes open on one side and eyes closed on the other and cover the reversed face with the bonnet.
- Pixie Patch - a trio of impish characters building a snow pixie.
- Little Snow Folk - three snowmen with Santa hats and scarves each with a different accessory - stocking, cracker or holly wreath.
- The Poppets - a snowman, Santa, scarecrow and clown - nearly all the pieces of these unique dolls are simply knitted balls threaded onto lengths of yarn.
- Christmas napkin rings - with holly leaves and berries.
- Party Place Markers - little knitted sacks to fill with chocolates or sweets at the dinner table.
- Four Seasons Hats - can be made as pin cushions.
- The Donkey - to complete the Nativity scene from Jean Greenhowe's Christmas Special booklet.
The measurements vary between characters but each pattern will inform you of the finished height and the amount of stuffing needed for each toy.
These toys are sure to be well loved by children and are fun to make for knitters.
These patterns should be suitable with most double knitting yarns however, tensions may vary and we recommend you knit a tension square before knitting the whole toy.
Please note that this is a knitting book and NOT a selection of finished knitted toys. All knitting instructions are written in English.
- Details: This is the Jean Greenhowe Christmas Treasures 40 page special that instructs you how to knit a selection of colourful Christmas themed characters.
- Brand: Jean Greenhowe
- Type: Knitting Patterns
- Colour: Multi